Tuesday, 11 June 2013

Creative Snail Mail Idea of the Week - Week 1


What you will need:

♥ Magazine/Wrapping paper/Newspaper/IKEA manual(:P)
♥ Smaller piece of paper for an address label (or an address label)
♥A letter or old envelope
♥Scissors
♥ Sellotape
♥ Thick Pen preferable (normal pen are fine too)
♥ EU Eraser (not necessary, highly recommended)


1. Rip a page out of your magazine or make whatever other paper you are using into an appropriate size.


2. Place your letter or envelope onto the paper you prepared


3. Rap your envelope or letter in the same way you would wrap a gift.


4. Make sure to tape it down securely so its safe for transport! 


5. This is what the envelope will look like from the front.


6. Get your address label or paper to make write the address of the person receiving the letter. (Sorry the photo would not rotate -.-)


7. Stick your address label onto your envelope. (Please note this is not a real address)


8. Stick your stamp and address label on as you would any other envelope.

Et voila! You are finished with your custom envelope! I hope you've found this useful and if you have any other creative ideas please email them to Messagesfrombottles@gmail.com.

I'd also like to see what you make from this or any other creative snail mail tutorial and I might even put your envelope on this website so please Email me them.

Jessica




2 comments:

  1. Hi there! I'm Alyssa from The Not Quite Dying Art. I received your message and thought I'd pop by and leave some commentary. For starters, I LOVE this tutorial! So cute! I use recycled magazines all the time to make new envies, so I'm very excited to see more people doing the same! Anyway, you asked about featuring my contact cards on your absolutely adorable blog. Go for it! Please feel free to contact me via e-mail at jarofdreams@ymail.com and bug me for pictures, letters, anything you'd like. =) Thanks, lovely! Can't wait to keep reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Aww thank you :D I'm so glad you like my blog :3 http://messagesfrombottles.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/keeping-track-of-your-letters.html < that's where I featured your contact cards! I hope you like it.

      Delete