Sunday, 3 May 2015

Snail Mail and Working Full Time

Hello there!

I haven't posted in so long and I am really sorry for that. I have been focusing on my Instagram as I love the way I can communicate with all my penpals there as well as showing photos of what I do.

So some of you will know already but I have just stated a new full time job! I left college in July and have finally started on the ladder on my ideal career path. I am seriously excited to be in the place I am right now but it does mean that my amount of free time is incredibly reduced. I had a large gap between college and starting work where I could literally dedicate my whole life to Snail Mail and now having a few hours in the evening to work on my letters is quite a change.

I started my new job with a backlog of 11 letters to reply to.. good start. You're probably wondering how that happened when I had so much full time. I actually managed to fall off an obstacle course straight onto my right wrist... smart move I know. That put me out of action for about a week and half and in that time 11 letters managed to build up. Good start.

I have found it's the same as everything though, if you want to do something you will make time for it. I don't even have weekends free to myself so making time for anything really is a challenge! I found that if I just dedicated and hour or two after work to working on a letter, even if I only finished half of one, I would get through them. I am pleased to say that I am now completely up to date!

I was really worried to start with that I would have to cut down on the amount of pen pals I had or even stop writing all together but luckily I don't feel like I will ever have to do that. Admittedly though, I don't think it would be a great idea for me to take on any more penpals haha.

I hope to add some more things to this soon! Thanks to all the people who have continued to view my blog despite the fact I haven't posted much recently.

Jessica ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment